What would be a normal social interaction question?
- What do you do for a living?
- How many children do you have
- How are you ?
- Are you married?
- Where do your kids go to school?
- Enjoying the weather today?
- What kind of pet do you have?
The question that has become a planned out, thought out process and picking and choosing whom to say what to is..... How many children do you have? I have heard many grieving parents regard this as a tough one!!!!
Here are my varied answers .......
- I have 4 beautiful daughters, that keep me very busy. (I use this response when I am protecting myself for the moment, sometimes I don't want to open a can of worms)
- I have 4 daughters and a angel son. ( I use this when I feel it is ok. Most times I feel it is an inspired moment to share)
Depending on my answer I get several responses....
- Wow, only daughters!! No Boys??... I really hate this response!!! Then I say; I do have a son. He passed away. (Can of worms still opened) Then I get the sad look...
- I either get an inspired moment that is shared between people and the bonus is that AJ is always there in my moments or... I get the sorrowful look of sadness that I comfort them.
- Conversation continues and moves on...
If you are a grieving parent what responses do you have?
What are your difficult questions regarding your Angel?