Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sundays.... A Grieving Parents Empty Arms

Sundays are a family day..... As a grieving parent my family has a empty earthly gap. It will forever have a empty spot till we are with our sweet AJ baby. So often other grieving parents have agreed that Sundays are difficult. What I find hard is being at church seeing all the happy moms. These moms holding their infants. It is difficult, knowing my arms have ached for my infant son AJ for so long. I miss holding my son and smelling him near.  My arms often feel empty!! I am not alone in these feelings, I know.  I would NEVER wish the road I have had to travel on no other mother!! This has been a nightmare no parent should bear.
     I truly am happy for families at church and others.  The sweet little spirits that are sent to us by Heavenly Father all have a purpose short or long. At church when I have have moments of tears from missing AJ, I dive myself into reading my scriptures. I search and ponder for comfort through the teaching of Christ.  This is my way of  hiding my face.  When I struggle the most I say a silent prayer asking for comfort.
     Admittedly...Today I struggled!!! I placed my face deep into my scriptures searching my usual comforting Scriptures. When I felt I was about to burst ....I quickly silently pleaded for comfort. My prayer was answered, I felt my tears dry up and not feel so empty in my arms. Thank you to, My Angel AJ, Heavenly Father and Christ for giving me the strength when I need and ask for it.

Romans 15:4  For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
                                        
       If you are someone reading this that has troubles at church due to Grief, What do you do that helps you? Please, comment you might help someone else reading this with what you do that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment